Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Team Leader - Corporate Services
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
10 hour shifts
Status: Part Time
Hours of Work/Shifts: 10 Hour Shifts - Available to work every Weekend
Flexible to work Days/Evenings/Nights as required & at all 3 locations
Working as part of a dynamic Team, overseeing and facilitating the daily operations of various areas in Corporate Services, you will be responsible to ensure we meet and exceed our customer’s requirements. Acting as a coach and mentor, you will be responsible to train and motivate staff to build on their strengths in completing their day-to-day tasks. You will monitor daily work and procedures of staff to ensure compliance with all quality assurance and safety standards and promote teamwork, directly involving team members with problem resolution and customer satisfaction issues. In addition, you will act as a liaison with the rest of the Health Centre, to ensure excellence and timely delivery of necessary services.
- Community College Diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and hospital experience in a unionized environment
- OHA/CHA departmental management certificate is a definite asset
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience in Hospitality/Environmental Services or equivalent experience combined with proven strong customer service and team building skills
- Good working knowledge of Computer software, i.e. MS Windows and Meditech, etc. required
- Strong communications and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving and financial management skills required
- Proven service excellence skills in a fast paced healthcare or hospitality environment
- Must to able to organize and prioritize work and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and customer service orientated environment
- Manage the delivery of Corporate Services (Hospitality/Portering/Linen & Communication) needs across the organization, assign and prioritize tasks, duties and work requests
Recruits, coaches, mentors, evaluates and manages the performance and development of staff
Supports the hosting model
Demonstrates and role models a positive attitude and encourages a strong team approach at all times
Staff development and facilitation of daily and ongoing activities ensuring effective use of resources
Networks with other Hospitals/Health Care Agencies to promote and develop leading edge initiatives
- Provides expert knowledge and advice to, and assists the Corporate Services Team on best practice development and other goals/ initiatives
- Develops positive functional partnerships with client departments to ensure their needs are satisfactorily met; liaises with staff, stakeholders and administrators in developing, planning, implementing and monitoring quality improvement initiatives.
- Acts as liaison between Corporate Services and client departments to assist in ensuring timely, customer focused delivery of all support services provided by the SBU
- Identifies and resolves issues, troubleshoots operational problems and front line staff issues
- Ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with applicable codes, regulations, policies, standards and guidelines
- Participates in the HR Workforce planning process, including selection, supervision and training of staff
- Develops, manages and monitors relevant budgets
- Other duties as assigned
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted