A motivated self-starter with experience working independently, the successful candidate will provide assessment, intervention and discharge planning for patients within the emergency department framework. The successful candidate will also provide linkages to community and hospital services.
This position requires availability for Monday to Friday days.
- M.S.W. from an accredited Faculty of Social Work.
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service workers (OCSWSSW).
- Registered Social Worker (RSW).
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and well under pressure within time constraints and effectively within a multi-disciplinary framework.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience in the care of complex geriatric patients.
- Experience in Discharge Planning strongly recommended
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital community resources.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required.