Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Laboratory Technician - Anatomical Pathology
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
37.5 hours a week
Status: Temporary Full Time
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing duties in Histology, Cytology and Immunohistochemistry including: routine instrument maintenance, specimen processing including, - sorting, staining, accessioning, storage, organization & recycling of reagents and solvents in flammable storage, slide and specimen filing, performing duties in the morgue and maintaining lab supply inventory.
This position will require availability for all shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Applicants must have their High School graduation diploma
- Be a graduate of a recognized Laboratory Assistant and/or equivalent program
- Must have proven ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Must be process and detail-oriented and can organize & prioritize work
- Dedicated to safe-practice with chemical and reagent handling
- Medical/technical terminology knowledge
- Typing and good computer skills
- Experience in an Anatomical Pathology laboratory using Meditech preferred
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted