Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Diet Customer Support Clerk
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
12 hour shifts
The successful candidate will work within the Service Department which encompasses Food & Nutrition, Environmental, Maintenance & Engineering Services, Biomed and Security. They will provide support to department, hospital and external customers. Their primary role will be to perform diet office functions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Accurately inputting patient menu/diet information and running reports using computerized Meditech software. Checking patient diet information to ensure they get appropriate foods
- Facilitating customer requests by answering phones, seeking appropriate solutions to requests, assigning tasks to Service staff, and following up on these requests using computer software
- Performing clerical duties associated with this department including inputting data, sick replacements, entering payroll, filing, faxing, copying, collating, etc.
- Using a variety of software systems such as Microsoft Office applications and other department specific systems
- Grade 12 plus a diploma in Nutrition Management or comparable education and/or related experience required.
- A typing speed of 35 w.p.m.
- Minimum 6 months clerical experience required
- Professional, positive attitude in person and on the telephone, and strong interpersonal, customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of computer operations and demonstrated ability to learn and apply a variety of computer software applications.
- Previous hospital diet office experience will be considered an asset.
- Must be available to work day and evening shifts, some weekends and stat holidays, and during peak vacation periods during the Christmas and summer periods
- Satisfactory performance and attendance record required
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted