Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
The Telecom Administrator’s role is to implement defined strategies, and maintain the company’s in-house PBX and IP telephony voice communication systems and services. This includes managing all engineering projects, planning and implementing technology roadmaps, and configuring and optimizing all IP and PBX telephone systems and services. The Telecom Administrator’s mandate will be to maintain SLAs for all voice related services and systems.
- Senior technical resource for life cycle support of various telephony projects (both small and large scale)
- Responsible for specification, maintenance and administration of various VOIP and PBX telephony technologies, including associated systems and services such as wireless, paging, teleconferencing, Auto Attendant and Call Center technologies.
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues across all telephony platforms to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telephony systems
- Design and support voice infrastructure and its associated software, including IP-PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response
- Where necessary, plan for management or phasing out of legacy telephony systems and other switch-based technologies
- Collaborate with systems engineers/architects and end clients for upgrades and project deliverables
- Manage vendor service records, conduct traffic studies with focus to managing costs
- Collaborate with service desk to resolve trouble tickets and mitigate end-user issues with telecom hardware and/or applications
- End user training / communication of telecommunications features and functionality for both land and mobile devices
- Assist with the installation planning and maintenance of network cabling, including MDF and IDF closets
- Perform telephony audits as necessary
- Create and maintain technical and procedural documentation
- Participate in evaluation, selection, and implementation of new technologies
- Translate user requests to technical specifications
- Maintain in depth knowledge of general application usage in a healthcare setting
- Identify and support system optimization and enhancements
Formal Education and Certification:
The successful candidate will have relevant skills and experience with the following:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of telecommunications or computer science and/or equivalent work experience
- Certification in VoIP preferred,
- Certifications in Nortel/Avaya PBX systems
- ITIL V3 certification
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Cisco and Avaya VoIP, and legacy Nortel/Avaya PBX systems, software, and hardware, including Cisco Unity and Nortel Call Pilot
- A minimum of 5 years experience with a variety of associated technologies such as Call Centers , Auto Attendant , Switchboard technologies , Wireless, Connexall , Multitone paging and CDR in a mission critical, 7 x 24 environment
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the configuration and optimization of VoIP equipment, including Cisco and Avaya
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SIP, H.323, TCP/IP
- Strong understanding VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies
- Proven ability to designing, managing and maintaining end to end telephony system across multiple sites, (primarily Cisco and Avaya )
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and back up systems
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and
- Ability to plan and support high impact and critical projects
- Familiarity with industry trends and standards
- Positive work and attendance record
- Demonstrate uncompromising commitment to integrity
- Maintain a positive attitude amongst team members
- Strong time management and ability to manage competing priorities
- Must be able to work in a 7x24 On-call support role(on a rotation basis) with flexibility to work after
- Must be able to work in a multi-site environment, with own transportation
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted