Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Credit Valley Hospital
||Registered Practical Nurse - 3B Cardiology/Medicine
|# of Positions
||Medicine & ICU
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts
- Candidate will be a diploma graduate of a recognized college or school of nursing or equivalent (i.e., certificate RPN with added courses in medication administration, phlebotomy, and health assessment)
- Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Current BCLS
- Completion of a post-graduate Cardiology/Arrhythmia course or successful completion within one year of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years acute care medical/surgical experience required
- A physical assessment course required
- Recent experience with inpatient medicine and cardiology population preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge, experience and the ability to care for patients with the following: initiation and maintenance of IV therapy, administration of medication above the drip chamber, blood and blood product administration, blood glucose monitoring, nasogastric tubes, wound management skills, routine and additional infection control precautions, normal and abnormal lab values
- Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills and interprofessional team work
- Demonstrates a strong ability to facilitate patient and family-centred care and establish therapeutic relationships
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with Meditech and computer skills preferred
Salary rate - 24.8371 - $28.2612
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||CUPE - Nursing