Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Credit Valley Hospital
||Registered Nurse - Diagnostic Imaging
|# of Positions
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
12 hour shifts
- Responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating nursing care and performing those delegated medical acts as required in the Imaging Department
- Participates as a colleague with allied health disciplines and physicians by providing clinical and technical support
- Demonstrate knowledge, experience and the ability to care for patients with the initiation of IV’s, administration of medication above the drip chamber, patient controlled analgesia, central venous access devices, blood glucose monitoring, naso-gastric tubes, wound management skills, routine infection control practices, normal and abnormal blood values
- Graduate of a recognized College of School of Nursing and preferably hold a Baccalaureate degree
- Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Current BCLS
- A physical assessment course preferred
- Minimum 3 years recent experience with inpatient medical/surgical population required
- Experience in radiological, O.R., E.R. environment an asset
- Demonstrates strong attention to patient and family-centred care and establishing therapeutic relationships
- Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching as applicable
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills and team work
- Evidence of on-going professional development preferred
- Computer literacy required
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
- Candidates must be able to work 12 hour day/night shift rotation
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||Nursing - Non union