Regular Full Time x 2
Education and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- A related College Diploma, knowledge of medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is required
- Knowledge of the CVH policies/procedures/guidelines and the recommended Provincial Standards for the Patient Registration and Scheduling
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated knowledge of the CVH Patient/Family Centered model of care and Code of Conduct.
- Typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- One year experience in a fast paced Health Care Clinic: transcribing/processing Physician orders, filing reports, compiling statistical information, faxing etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and respond in an effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to complete the day to day clerical functions of a diverse clinical setting in order to maximize the PRCC Health Team’s ability to provide patient/family centered care (reception, registration, ordering supplies, processing patient record/orders, compiling and reconciling data, scheduling appointments/diagnostics, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with attention to detail (accuracy).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with of the following Meditech Modules: Admissions, MM, PCI, CWS, OE/OM, Payroll and Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience and proven ability to support the oncology patient population is an asset.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required