Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Senior Advisor, Employee & Labour Relations
||Human Resources, Volunteer & Org Effectiveness
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Primarily Monday - Friday
Reporting to the Manager, Employee and Labour Relations, as a Senior Consultant, you will provide expert level consultant and strategic support in all areas related to recruitment, employee relations, labour relations, compensation and benefits. Building on the current best practices and working with your HR colleagues, you will also apply your experience and specialized HR expertise to identify, develop and implement programs and initiatives to support the strategic objectives and direction of the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert advice in complex employee and labor relations issues.
- Assist in the negotiation of the collective agreements and resolution of any grievance and arbitration activities.
- Oversee the administration, application and interpretation of the collective agreements.
- Monitors developments in labour relations and effectively communicates information relating to labour relations policies, collective agreement changes, interpretation decisions and legislation, to the HR team and management.
- Works collaboratively with members of various teams providing coaching and support in matters of employee and labour relations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategies, consults on policies, procedures and labour proposals.
- Baccalaureate Degree in a related discipline or a certificate in Human Resources Management preferred
- CHRP preferred
- Minimum 5 years Employee / Labour Relations experience (hospital or other complex public sector) preferred
- Full understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relevant Employee and Labour legislation including Employment Standards Act, Ontario Labour Relations Act, and Human Rights Code
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills in order to ensure compliance between the collective agreement and internal policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, consulting, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Developing and conducting employee / labour relations training
- Demonstrated experience in administering labour contracts, grievance resolution and preparation for arbitrations
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (including knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and HRIS)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team of professionals in an ever-changing, fast paced customer focused environment
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with excellent organizational skills
Position Location and Travel: Travel between the 3 main sites of The Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre will be required
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||Professional - Support Service