Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Unit Coordinating Assistant - 2A Paediatrics
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
37.5 hours a week
The Unit Coordinating Assistant will be responsible for working collaboratively, within a multidisciplinary team to coordinate the activities of a fast paced unit reception area and nursing work station. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively within a team, and also be self directed and work independently. A strong commitment to valuing diversity, patient and family centered care, and patient/community relations is required.
- Clerical duties including: order entry, retrieval of test results, efficient review and response of telephone messages, booking appointments with other departments and ordering supplies
- Maintaining confidentiality of client information
- Completing computerized payroll
- Maintaining positive working relationships with clients/families and clinic staff
- Applicants must have a Grade 12 diploma
- A related post secondary diploma in medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is preferred
- Candidates must have a typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Proficiency in using Meditech module is preferred
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required
- Flexibility to assume additional related roles as clinic expands
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted