The successful candidates will be responsible for Phlebotomy of Adults, Children and Neonates. Responsibilities will also include preparation of specimens for processing, including sorting, accessioning, centrifuging and aliquoting. There will be traveling to offsite laboratory collection clinics.
- Successfully completed an accredited Laboratory or Medical Assistant course
- OSMT (Ontario Society of Medical Technology) or CSMLS (Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science) certification preferred
- Previous hospital experience in Phlebotomy of neonates, children and adults is preferred.
- All shift availability 24 hours 7 days is required (Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays)
- Minimum typing speed of 30 w.p.m. and previous Meditech experience.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required