The successful candidate will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget by utilizing best practices. This includes analyzing user requirements, acquiring resources, and coordinating the effort of the project team members and 3rd party partners in order to deliver the projects according to the project plan.
The expectation is that this individual will lead a number of project initiatives simultaneously and these will range from small enhancements to large enterprise wide system integration.
This position will report directly into the PMO function of the Business Architecture and Project Delivery team.
· University or College graduates in computer science or Information Systems related field.
· 7 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
· PMP certification is required
· Strong analytical capabilities, strategic thinking and business acumen
· Healthcare experience and/or experience with HIS is considered an asset
· Experience and understanding of how to effectively manage change, integration and improvement projects
· Strong familiarity with related management software, such as MS Project, Visio, MS Office
· Excellent communication skills - ability to articulate analytical results and tell a story
· Demonstrated experience in team and resource management
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
· Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities in a complex environment
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to efficiently handle several tasks simultaneously
· Positive friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
· Produce project work plans in coordination with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, deliverables, budgets, accountabilities, schedules, timelines, resources, monitoring, and post project audit/evaluation
· Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
· Draft and submit budget proposals and resources, and recommend budget changes where necessary
· Manage the daily operational aspects of a project providing project management expertise and guidance, enforcing project standards, anticipating and troubleshooting issues and minimizing the hospital’s exposure to risk
· Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
· Develop, manage and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations
· Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
· Lead the development of standard operating procedures and business processes for the delivery and communication of projects
· Contribution and leadership in continuous process improvement of Project Management Best Practices is integral to the role
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.