Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Credit Valley Hospital
||Infection Prevention & Control Practitioner
||Temporary Full Time
||Infection Prevention & Control
|# of Positions
||Quality, Research & Innovation
||The Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) department is an integral part of Trillium Health Partners. As a member of this department, the IPAC practitioner facilitates infection control activities and is considered a change agent with the primary goal of reducing risk of hospital acquired infections (HAI). The IPAC practitioner directly reports to the IPAC Site Manager and is accountable to the Associate Vice President of Operations and Coordination.
- Develops, coordinates and performs surveillance activities of significant organisms and other HAI data
- Conducts exposure investigation and coordinates stakeholder engagement in outbreak management
- Participates in the development, communication and implementation of policies and procedures, current best practice guidelines and applicable standards of IPAC significance
- Provides consultative advice, feedback and report to internal and external stakeholders
- Provides ongoing education to patients, staff, physicians and volunteers
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives and implements infection control recommendations as determined by the Infection Prevention and Control Committee.
- A degree in health related discipline (e.g. nursing, laboratory, epidemiology, and other allied health) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as an Infection Control Practitioner
- Must have current certification from the Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology
- Strong knowledge of infectious diseases, microbiology, epidemiology and statistics
- Demonstrated skill in teaching and strong written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer databases, spreadsheets and literature search
- Able to participate in the IPAC on-call rotation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary team environment
- Self-directed, well-organized and detail-oriented
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted