Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Registered Nurse - Skin/Wound & Ostomy
Reporting to the Director of Professional Practice, the successful candidate will work the Skin & Wound and Ostomy Team at Trillium Health Partners. The successful candidate will work within the portfolio of Professional Practice to build capacity for delivery of excellent wound/skin and ostomy care within the organization. In addition, the role involves collaboration with other skin, wound and ostomy team members to integrate development, implementation and evaluation of strategies and programs to enhance care of patients with skin, wound and ostomy care needs. The successful candidate will lead the program development of the newly merged organization.
- Provides leadership in the distribution of clinical support among all sites and assumes leadership of the skin and wound committee
- Provides clinical support to staff, implements and evaluates strategies to increase learning and ongoing development of the clinical and professional practice of staff at all sites
- Provides clinical support of complex wounds and ostomy care.
- Works with Clinical Educators at all sites to facilitate competency of staff providing ostomy and wound care.
- Acts as a resource person for staff regarding assessment of in-patient needs and evaluation of patient care management issues as they relate to skin, wound and ostomy care.
- Identifies learning needs of patients and their families and, in collaboration with the interprofessional team members, plans, implements and evaluates instructional programs for patients and their caregivers; and provides individualized care plans as needed for patient/caregivers.
- Organizes and participates in hospital-wide prevalence studies on an semi-annual basis
- In collaboration with the surgeons, provides pre-operative and post-operative counselling to patients and families requiring ostomy surgery.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN or RN (EC).
- Enterostomal Therapy Certificate required
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated current expertise in wound, skin and ostomy care and management.
- Demonstrated excellence in both ostomy and wound/skin care nursing specialties
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to establish positive relationships with all staff, clients, families, and community agencies
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the provision of clinical consultation to patients and/or family members for complex skin/wound and ostomy care concerns.
- Demonstrated ability in educational program development, research utilization, adult education and professional development
- Demonstrated experience creating capacity among staff nurses and other inter-professional team members for providing excellence in wound/skin and ostomy care as well as evaluation of care.
- Membership and active participation in professional nursing and other related organizations
- Experience with research methodology required with program planning, implementation and evaluation skills a definite asset
- Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario preferred
- National certification in chosen specialty from the Canadian Nurses Association preferred
- Canadian Association of Wound Care membership preferred
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted