Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Human Resources Consultant
||Human Resources, Volunteer & Org Effectiveness
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
Primarily Monday - Friday
37.5 hours a week
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will provide strategic advice and coordinate support in all areas related to recruitment, employee relations, labour relations, compensation, benefits, and HR reporting to an assigned client group. You will also work with your Human Resources colleagues to identify and implement programs and initiatives to support the strategic objectives of the Department and Organization. You will report to the Manager of Employee Relations and Labour Relations and partner with a Human Resources Recruiter and Assistant to deliver exceptional HR consultative expertise.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide HR support and guidance to an assigned client group
- Assist management with complex employee relations and/or labor relations matters
- Develop/revise policies and procedures and aid with contract administration
- Provides guidance in all areas of performance management, and develops and implements processes as needed
- Monitors various human resource metrics and provides monthly updates
- Participates in the development, refinement, implementation and communication of human resources related programs, procedures, and processes
- CHRP completed or in progress
- Baccalaureate Degree in a related discipline or a certificate in Human Resources Management preferred
- 3-5 years Labour/ Employee Relations experience (hospital or other complex public sector preferred)
- Full understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relevant Employee and Labour Legislation including Employment Standards, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code
- Strong, demonstrated consultant skills and experience is required
- Demonstrated experience coaching and consulting in complex people issue situations
- Demonstrated change management and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent computer skills (including knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and HRIS)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team of professionals in an ever-changing, fast paced customer focused environment
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with excellent organizational skills
POSITION LOCATION & TRAVEL:
Travel among the 3 main sites will be required:
- The Mississauga Hospital
- The Credit Valley Hospital
- Queensway Health Centre
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||Professional - Support Service