As a member of the perioperative team, the successful candidates will report to the Perioperative Patient Care Manger/delegate and will be responsible and accountable to assist with clerical services for patient care and OR booking to support safe, efficient and effective care for patients/families throughout the perioperative process. Responsibilities focus on the accurate processing of multiple modalities of information in a fast paced, high risk patient care area. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and family centered care.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- A related College Diploma, knowledge of medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is required.
- Candidates must have a typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
- Ability to manage the activities of the OR reception area in order for the area to function as an effective, efficient communication centre and reception area.
- Knowledge of CVH procedures/guidelines/practices to manage OR reception and scheduling processes.
- Customer service skills to respond to telephone and in-person inquiries from patients, family and other internal/external customers.
- Recent clerical experience in a health care environment - ordering medical/surgical supplies, processing patient records/orders, filing reports, compiling statistical information, faxing, etc.
- Current knowledge of the following Meditech modules is required: Admissions, Community Wide Scheduling, Order Entry/Management, ORM, PCI and Materials Management.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required.