Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Nurse Practitioner - General Medicine Hospitalist Service
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a Registered Nurse Extended Class with graduate education in nursing, possessing advanced clinical and theoretical knowledge/skill within the clinical specialty. The NP is a professional who will function in an expanded role and will demonstrate a high level of autonomy as well as expert skill to formulate clinical decisions, manage acute/chronic illness, and promote wellness.
We are looking fora Nurse Practitionerfor an exciting new role designed to enhance the care of general medicine patients. Through the provision of advanced nursing practice, this individual will work in collaboration with General Medicine Hospitalists and an interdisciplinary team to facilitate earlier discharge, seven days a week, of admitted general medicine patients. This position will work mainly weekends.
The Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Combining the roles that fall within the domains of advanced nursing practice including clinical practice, research, leadership, collaboration and consultation
- Developing effective partnerships with physicians and other members of the inter-professional team to provide quality care to patients and their families within the area of General Medical nursing
- Working collaboratively and independently to assess and manage patients’ medical care requirements across the continuum of care, demonstrating exemplary clinical assessment and decision making skills to expedite and improve the efficiencies in the flow of general medicine patients from the emergency department and inpatient units to the community
- Providing a key leadership role in evaluating quality of care and patient outcomes within the specialty population, in partnership with the physicians and other members of the inter-professional team
- Order and interpret diagnostic and laboratory tests based on defined medical directives
- In collaboration with the physician and/or pharmacist, prescribe pharmacological agents and therapeutic measures within practice guidelines (as defined by scope of practice and medical directives)
- Providing informal and formal educational opportunities (e.g. students, presentations, conferences, etc.)
- Facilitating the research process.
- Identifying quality initiatives that will strengthen and further develop nursing professional practice
- Registration in the Registered Nurse (Extended Class) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with clinical focus in general medicine
- Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario, required
- Experience in evaluating quality of care and patient outcomes within the specialty population, in partnership with the physicians and other members of the inter-professional team
- Minimum of three years nursing experience, preferably in general medicine or family medicine
- Experience with research methodology an asset
- Eligible for cross appointment to an academic institution
- Teaching experience an asset
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to establish positive relationships with all staff, clients, families, and community agencies
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted