The successful candidate will be responsible for specimen handling in the laboratory receiving room, provide non analytical support for biochemistry technologists, perform phlebotomy, preparation of specimens for dispatch and general support duties within the Biochemistry and MSS divisions of the laboratory.
- Successfully completed Grade 12 and completed an accredited Laboratory or Medical Assistant course.
- Current enrollment in a recognized program for Medical Laboratory technology may also be considered.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
- Applicants must be available evenings/weekends.
- Phlebotomy and laboratory experience is preferred.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.