||Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Unit Coordinating Assistant - 2B Medicine
The successful candidate will be responsible for unit clerical operations within the nursing station, and work as part of the 2B Interprofessional team in the communication and reception hub of the unit. As the receptionist for the unit, the successful candidate will answer the telephone, process physician orders, organize clerical and administrative functions and processes, participate in unit committees and optimize services with the team in order to ensure health professionals have maximal opportunity to provide safe and quality care to patients.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent essential
- A related College Diploma, knowledge of medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is preferred
- Typing speed of 30 w.p.m. required
- Knowledge of THP procedures/guidelines/practices to manage patient registration and scheduling processes
- Customer service skills to respond to telephone and in-person inquiries from patients, family and other internal/external customers
- Recent clerical experience in a health care environment - ordering medical/surgical supplies, processing patient records/orders, filing reports, compiling statistical information, faxing, etc.
- Current knowledge of the following Meditech modules is required: Admissions, Community Wide Scheduling, Order Entry/Management, PCI and Materials Management
- Ability to multi task, and manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Excellent attendance and performance record required
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted