The PRCC is a specialized treatment centre for people living with cancer, and the goal of the interdisciplinary team is to partner with the patient and family in order to provide the highest quality care. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with strong leadership skills, one who is committed to evidence based practice and patient family centred care for the Patient Care Manager position.
Reporting to the Director of Patient Care Services, the role of the Patient Care Manager is to provide innovative leadership and direction within the Oncology Program to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of quality patient family centred care. He/she is responsible and accountable for utilization of resources, professional nursing practice, patient and staff satisfaction and developing innovative, team-based approaches for management of the clinics. The Patient Care Manager participates actively in program, nursing division, hospital wide and regional initiatives to foster positive relationships and enhance collaborative decision making for the delivery of quality patient/family centred services/care.
· Baccalaureate degree, Master’s degree is an asset
· Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· CNA Oncology Nursing Certification an asset
· Five years oncology nursing experience
· 2-3 years progressive management/leadership experience
· Demonstrated strategic leadership, team building and mentorship skills in a complex, high volume, fast paced environment
· Demonstrated superior analytical, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Ability to build effective relationships and work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
· Excellent communication, consulting, decision making and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous quality improvement
· Self motivated; contributes to all aspects of the team
· Satisfactory performance and attendance required
· Provide leadership to the to the Oncology Clinic nursing and clerical staff.
· Effective and efficient resource management for 5 Oncology Clinics: Systemic Therapy, Pre/Post (Medical, Surgical and Radiation) and
· In consultation /collaboration with the Director of Patient Care Services, define and implement the organizational supports and structures
required for the areas.
· In consultation /collaboration with the Director of Patient Care Services, physician partners and interdisciplinary team develop and implement
clinical services, functional and strategic plan for the program.
· Provide a progressive and proactive approach to nursing practice as per professional practice and corporate standards.
· Develop strong linkages with CCO, the Region, LHIN and community partners.
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.