The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Program Director, Mental Health
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Reporting to the Vice President, Patient Care Services and working in co-leadership with the Chief, Mental Health, you will provide strategic, innovative and exceptional leadership to the Mental Health Program. You will have operating accountability for a broad and diverse range of services and programs and will play a crucial role in achieving the organization’s vision, mission and strategic initiatives.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops and ensures the delivery of Mental Health Programs to provide patient and family-centred care in collaboration with internal management and community referral sources
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of the strategic planning process for the Mental Health Program and ensures systems are established to monitor key strategic goals
- Develops strategic alliances and partnerships with the business community and other referral sources and health programs
- Supports the development of an integrated program across all sites
- Monitors and oversees the fiscal operations of the Mental Health Program
- Participates in various committees at the provincial, regional and local planning networks for advancing Mental Health interests
- Prepares proposals and business cases for entrepreneurial and innovative ideas that enhances all potential revenues and service cost effectiveness
- Provides leadership and direction for the Mental Health portfolio management across the organization to achieve outcomes
- Promotes and advances mental health best practices within the organization
- Leverages external relationships to ensure business/organizational interests are supported
- Designs and implements initiatives that support and align with the strategic plan of the organization
- Keeps current and provides updates on new Mental Health initiatives as they impact the strategic direction of the portfolio
- Engages with a multidisciplinary team of hospital professional staff, clinicians, service providers, contracts and others to ensure the quality delivery of all Mental Health Programs
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Master’s degree in a health related field
- 7+ years professional experience in a health discipline with progressive management experience
- Clinical experience in the area of Mental Health is an asset
- Strong, well developed business management skills (strategic planning, budgeting, resource allocation and analytics)
- Well developed, leadership and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence
- Superior analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a dynamic, professional team
- Knowledge and understanding of the scopes of practices for all professions
- Demonstrated management and staff development with emphasis on coaching, mentoring and leadership
Position Location and Travel:
Travel among the 3 main sites of The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre will be required.
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hosptial and Trillium Health Centre is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted