The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
- The successful candidates will be graduates of a recognized College or School of Nursing and preferably hold a Baccalaureate degree.
- Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Current B.C.L.S.
- Previous experience in Medical/Oncology/Haematology/Palliative and V.A.D. and chemotherapy administration is required.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with recent Oncology certification, de Souza chemotherapy and biotherapy and foundations in oncology courses and Palliative Care certification.
- Knowledge of the philosophy and concepts of Oncology and Palliative Nursing practice.
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills, strong attention to patient and family centred care and establishing therapeutic relationships
- The ability to provide nursing care within a primary nursing framework.
- The ability to work as a member of the interprofessional team.
- The ability to clearly articulate nursing assessments and patients' goals of care.
- Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching
- One who demonstrates strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills, and can provide evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.