Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Manager, Coding & Reporting
||Health Information Management
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
37.5 hours a week
Reporting to the Director of Health Information Management you are responsible for the management of coding staff, quality and analysis activities related to patient care data. Providing ongoing training and education of coding staff and clinical staff you will improve the quality of coded data and its use internally and externally, as well as plan, manage and measure coding and abstracting processes to ensure that levels of service required are being achieved. You will also ensure system upgrades are fully tested and implemented and that mandated reporting deadlines are met.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized program for Health Information Management
- Must be certified with the College of Canadian Health Information Management
- Undergraduate degree in Health Information Management or equivalent experience in HIM preferred.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Canadian Health Information Management Association
- Previous experience in a Health Information Management department and knowledge of coding systems, data and practices is essential.
- Previous experience managing a project or project team as well as, familiarity with Meditech and MED2020, MS-Office Excel & Access and Crystal reports is preferred.
- Manage human resource functions including job descriptions, performance reviews and conflict management
- Manage daily work schedules, including agency backup to ensure submission deadlines are met
- Manage data quality activities related to CIHI abstract data and submissions as required
- Assist with the creation of ad hoc reports for internal and external customers as required
- Develop and maintain orientation and on-going education and training for coding staff
- Draft and maintain policies and procedures that reflect process requirements for coding, abstracting and data
- Facilitate the testing of upgrades to Meditech and MED2020 as required
- Collaborate with the Decision Support, Finance and Registration to provide timely, quality patient care data for internal and external use.
- Participate as part of the HIM management team and on interdepartmental committees as required.
- Demonstrate excellent people and communication skills
- Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of all patient information.
- Other duties as assigned
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted