The successful candidate will be responsible for technical & administrative functions relating to Unit Dose dispensing and related manufacturing and prepackaging, Omnicell cabinets and controlled substances distribution, order entry, and preparation of Sterile IV and Chemotherapy admixtures for the Hospital patients. The technician must also be able to assist the Pharmacist with technical and clerical functions in an effort to attain a high level of clinical activity for the patients.
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician program from an accredited community college
- Must be actively pursuing the regulations required by pharmacy technician profession
- Experience with medication reconciliation in a hospital environment is an asset
- Successfully completed medication reconciliation training and testing or must be willing to complete
- Some hospital experience is required
- Ability to work on assigned projects with minimal supervision is an asset.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.