Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Switchboard Attendant - Information Services
You will be responsible for the effective and efficient support of the communications needs of the hospital staff, patients and caregivers, for example:
- Locate hospital personnel through the paging system
- Announce overhead paging of emergency codes
- Receive and redirect all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate person/department,
- Respond to all patient inquiries
- Direct inquiring parties accordingly
- Maintain and assign pagers
- Complete assigned tasks
- Assist with month-end report preparation
- Required to work at either Mississauga site or Credit Valley site
- 365/7/24 environment; must be available to work all shifts, days, evenings, nights, weekends, statutory holidays
- Any other tasks as assigned
- College Diploma/Certificate preferred
- Successful completion of a certificate in Emergency Telecommunications preferred
- Previous experience on switchboard, preferably with an M1 console
- Extensive experience with communication equipment and processes, and good working knowledge of PC computers
- Typing speed 40 w.p.m.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and remain calm under stress
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills to respond to the staff and public;
- Demonstrated strong customer service focus is required
- Superior organizational skills are essential
- Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Previous experience in a hospital environment an asset
- Satisfactory attendance and performance is required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook is required
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted