Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Credit Valley Hospital
||Social Worker - 1A Medical Surgical
||Temporary Part Time
|# of Positions
||Communications, Patient & Community Relations
The successful candidate will work within a fast paced environment and an inter-disciplinary framework providing assessments, treatment interventions such as adjustment and supportive counseling for patients and their families. Formulating and implementing discharge plans, family conferences and linkage to community resources is an extensive part of the role.
- Masters of Social Work degree from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Current membership with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers in good standing
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical experience working in adult acute medicine, with knowledge of community resources for discharge planning
- Demonstrated strong family and individual therapy counseling
- Expert communication, collaboration, organizational and problem solving skills are essential
- Ability to work independently as well as within an inter-disciplinary team
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
| Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.