Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Business Analyst FT - Information Services
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Primarily Monday - Friday
The successful candidate, working in the Business Analyst role, will have the responsibility for investigating business systems, identifying options for improving business systems and bridging the needs of the business with the use of IT. The BA will be responsible for gathering business requirements as driven by project scope, and according to what quality measures (tangible objectives) are appropriate. Working across 3 hospital sites, this position will report directly into the Business Analysis function of the Applications and Clinical Informatics Team.
- University or College graduate in a computer related discipline.
- Business Analysis designation considered an asset.
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience leading multiple and complex projects.
- Strong analytical and product management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Familiarity with Meditech clinical (HIS) and administrative support systems, e-mail and network systems is preferred.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Outlook, Visio, and Project software.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze needs and elicit requirements using BABOK techniques and current best practices.
- Have a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into systems solutions; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Identify project implications at the system and department/organization level as well as interdependencies with other related projects
- Assist in testing phases with the business, train and provide technical support to users on newly implemented applications
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information and trends
- Able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodations(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your
||Professional - Support Service