The Manager of Decision Support (Performance Measurement and Reporting) will provide operational leadership to the decision support consultant team. Reporting to the Director of Decision Support the manager will:
· Lead the standardization and streamlining of Balanced Scorecard / “Program on a Page” reporting at the Board, Corporate and Program/Departmental levels to support performance monitoring, interpretation, and decision making.
· Work collaboratively with Quality, Finance, Strategy Management, and Human Resources to provide coordinated / integrated analytics and advice to programs, support services, and other enabling services.
· Provide consultation to programs and departments for the creation of program specific indicators for measuring performance to evaluate the achievement of organizational goals.
· Develop a robust process for adhoc performance analysis and reporting to enhance understanding of performance and facilitate decision-making through strategy-focused operational intelligence and analyses.
· Streamline and coordinate the validation and alignment of clinical datasets through process standardization and automation.
· Provide coordination, coaching, support, teaching and operational oversight to Decision Support Consultants.
· Master’s Degree in a Health Related Discipline, Health Administration, Business Administration or equivalent is preferred. However, undergraduate degree in a health related discipline or a business designation will also be considered.
· Five (5) years of acute care hospital experience preferably in clinical data analysis and decision support.
· Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Experienced user of decision support tools such as Business Intelligence systems and SQL programming is a strong asset.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio)
· Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal and project management skills.
· Demonstrate experience in decision support and data analysis, resource utilization management processes, and benchmarking.
· Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of CIHI data, Meditech System, and Winrecs, MoHLTC Accountability Agreement requirements (HAPS & H-SAA) and LHIN/MOHLTC requirements and initiatives.
· Familiarity with Intellihealth and CIHI Portal is an asset.
· Strong ability to multi task and respond to competing priorities.
· Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
· Demonstrate excellence in communication, ability to manage multiple projects and teamwork.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.