Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
Status: Temporary Full-Time
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager – Peri-operative Care, the PACU RN collaborates with the inter-professional team to provide airway assessment and management, cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring, pulse oximetry, and ongoing nursing assessment, diagnosis and intervention to all patients in the PACU.
- Graduate of a recognized College or School of Nursing
- Current certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Current B.C.L.S. and Coronary Care Level 1 required
- A commitment to complete A.C.L.S. certification and a Physical Assessment course
- Completion of Post Anesthetic Care/Peri-anesthesia course preferred or a commitment to complete is required
- A minimum of two years recent Post Anaesthetic Care/Critical Care experience.
- Experience developing/delivering patient teaching materials/programs
- Demonstrated ability to provide patient/family centred care
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a fast paced environment
- Evidence of ongoing recent professional development
- Computer literate: Meditech (ORM, OM, PCI), Word and Outlook
- Satisfactory attendance and performance are required
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted