||Administrative & Meetings Coordinator, Centre for Skills and Post-Secondary Education
The Centre Coordinator works within the Industry and Business Strategy group. The position involves providing administrative support in key functions such as business development, client relationship management, database maintenance, and the preparation and delivery of meetings, conferences, and workshops.
This is a permanent, full-time position, located in Ottawa.
The successful candidate will have outstanding organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and a keen eye for detail. You should be strong writer, with demonstrated skills in writing for a business audience. You should have outstanding interpersonal skills while also having competence with a variety of digital and social media, including suitable skills for personal and digital communications with senior leaders in business and government. You should have experience with and enjoy organizing events. You should have a basic understanding of financial management and a drive to help deliver results on time and within budget. Your talents should include a professional approach to everything you do.
Support the Director for the Centre for Skills and Post-Secondary Education and the Centre’s research team. Responsibilities include:
Providing day-to-day administrative support to the Director, as assigned, often involving:
- Business development activities;
- Management of the Centre’s operations.
Providing administrative support on all aspects of the Centre’s operations: including;
- Customer relationship management;
- Meetings and events;
Specific assignments may include:
- Developing and updating marketing materials, websites, and spreadsheets;
- Coordinating pre-, during, and post-meeting logistics, including participant, speaker, and hotel/venue requirements;
- Scheduling meetings and phone calls with clients;
- Identifying and reaching out to prospective clients;
- Liaising with outside suppliers, including hotels, to ensure all meeting details and logistics are in place and accurate, including contract review, event orders, billing instructions, and invoice review;
- Managing financial activities, including invoicing and accounts receivable;
- Assisting with conference delegate and sponsor outreach.
|Skills & Qualifications
- A college diploma or university degree.
- At least 2 years of related experience in a professional environment.
- Outstanding administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent technical skills, including above average proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media tools.
- Some understanding of accounting procedures and invoicing.
- Excellent writing skills, including spelling, grammar, and proof-reading skills.
- A strong customer-service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Functionality in both English and French is required for this position.
Tell A Friend