||Director, Energy & Environment
The Conference Board of Canada is seeking candidates for the position of Director, Energy & Environment.
Reporting to the Vice President, Public Policy, the Director will drive the growth of a successful research business that delivers added value to policy makers and senior executives. The ideal candidate will develop and market proposals and deliver outstanding research and analysis related to the production, distribution and use of energy, and to environmental sustainability, including social license, climate change, water use and air quality.
Based in Calgary, this full-time permanent role provides a superb opportunity for a senior professional with a combination of strong skills in leadership, business development, staff and financial management, and communication skills.
The Director, Energy & Environment has leadership responsibility and accountability to:
- Provide the thought leadership and growth strategy for the Energy and Environment knowledge areas.
- Speak with authority and knowledge on environmental, energy and natural resource issues.
- Seek and secure new business opportunities and collaborative ventures in order to grow the business.
- Develop and execute complex applied research projects.
|Skills & Qualifications
- A Masters degree in a related discipline.
- 10 years of practical experience in the fields of environment or energy in a professional, customer-oriented or policy environment.
- Advanced quantitative skills including experience in building and running models and forecasts.
- A strategic thinker with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak with authority and depth on topics such as best practices, policy and performance improvement.
- A proven record of success at managing a team of professional direct reports, financial management and budgeting.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven success at business development including the capacity to maintain and grow a successful business.
- Proven success at managing a team of professional staff.
- Ability to communicate research findings to audiences of senior practitioners along with the capability of providing specialized advisory services.
- Ability to communicate key insights to broader audiences and to the media.
- Demonstrated success in handling complex projects from conception to completion.
- Familiarity with the needs and issues of the business, government and NGO communities.
- Bilingualism would be a definite asset.