||Senior Research Associate, Compensation Research Centre
The Leadership and Human Resources Research group is seeking applications for the position of Senior Research Associate. The Senior Research Associate will be part of a professional research team dedicated to delivering custom research to customers in the area of total rewards.
The Compensation Research Centre provides decision-makers in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors with knowledge and insights on total rewards and key people-related issues including compensation, benefits, pensions, performance management, and related total rewards practices. We provide our customers with primary and secondary research and peer to peer networking opportunities by way of research reports/briefings, custom research, a meetings program, webinars and presentations.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the successful candidate will bring exceptional writing skills, intellectual curiosity and passion and commitment to a culture that values high quality, creativity and thought leadership. The successful candidate will be part of a professional research team and will design, lead and undertake integrated applied research for senior human resources/compensation decision-makers in both the public and private sectors.
This is a permanent full-time position located in Ottawa and is available immediately.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically and respond quickly to multiple priorities and deadlines. As a Senior Research Associate, you will be expected to conceptualize strategic research issues, conduct major research projects utilizing your experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies combined with your professional experience in the appropriate fields to produce high quality written work. Advanced written communication skills and strong project management skills in addition to a strong customer service orientation and an inquisitive mind are essential.
- Undertake, lead and provide guidance on research projects in the areas of compensation, benefits and topics related to total rewards.
- Conduct research utilizing various qualitative and/or quantitative research methodologies (literature reviews, benchmarking, interviews, case studies, surveys, models, and quantitative methods).
- Author reports and articles on complex issues.
- Design, implement and analyze surveys; conduct quantitative and statistical analyses.
- Communicate effectively with team members, colleagues, research advisors and clients.
- Build productive relationships with external stakeholders that generate ideas and support for research projects.
- Work with the Associate Director to prepare research proposals and secure funding.
- Deliver excellence in product and customer service.
- Coach and mentor team members for developmental purposes as well as project management purposes.
- Participate in internal and external meetings.
- Work closely with the Associate Director and other research staff to ensure timely delivery of products and services.
|Skills & Qualifications
- A Masters degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years of research experience in a professional, related environment.
- A professional designation in human resources and/or compensation preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Working experience with statistical methods and software.
- Advanced writing skills with the ability to write clearly, concisely and quickly; published work is an expectation.
- Manage projects to ensure deliverables are on-time, within budget and meet client expectations.
- Speak intelligently, providing insights to customers through presentations at conferences and business meetings.
- Ability to set priorities, work under pressure, deliver high quality results and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and monitor others.
- A strong sense of teamwork, professionalism and customer focus.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Experience using SPSS is a definite asset.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
- Ability to travel within Canada is required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Tell A Friend