Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Marquise Facilities division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Position: District Manager, Support Services
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reports to: Regional Director, Marquise Hospitality
Overview:The District Manager is responsible for assuring the delivery of high quality Support Service operations, including financial performance, excellence in customer service and maintaining an engaged employee work force.
Join us as we GROW again!
We are looking for dynamic, hospitality-focused candidates to join us in our Senior Living sector, Marquise Hospitality as a District Manager to oversee our operations in multiple locations (both LongTerm Care and Retirement) throughout the Edmonton and Winnipeg area for 10+ locations.
The sites offer high-quality retirement living and are considered to be some of the finest retirement residences in very beautiful settings.
This position will report to the Regional Director, Marquise Hospitality and oversee approximately 6 Unit Managers.
- The District Manager is responsible for all aspects of Support services and operations including: budgeting, financial management and weekly analysis in addition to maintaining both client and Compass standards to assure a safe environment for all residences and employees
- The successful candidate will assure quality control procedures are monitored; maintained and established operating practices are strictly followed.
- Ensure seamless operations of various day to day services are consistently run in an exemplary fashion.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Hospitality and/or Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- A Great attitude!
- A minimum of eight years management experience and directing a team in a related field.
- Good standing in all required qualifications as stipulated by the client and Compass Group Canada.
- Prior experience in dining, housekeeping and laundry management.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Intermediate level of expertise with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients and customers.
- Strong problem solving, organization and coordination skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and supervisory abilities.
- Positive energetic personality.
- Solid experience in fiscal management.
- Current with the latest innovative trends in food services.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and strong ability to multi-task
- Reliable access to a vehicle.
- Travel required (10 to 15%) overnight
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.