Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Food Service Director
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Food Service Director (Retail Operations)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
We have a great opportunity for a proven food and beverage manager to join our retail operations as a Food Service Director at St-Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg.
With a 'Can-Do' attitude and a 'Passion for Excellence', the Food Service Director, is responsible for providing overall planning, direction and control to the retail food service units and to achieve operation and financial goals.
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and financial reporting. Develop and monitor departmental performance indicators and implement action plans to address deficiencies.
- Ensure effective customer/client rapport is maintained and builds strong relationships.
- Connects regularly with client ensuring effective communications and resolution of issues.
- Responsible for ensuring all corporate standards, retail and marketing programs, training and required corporate programs are implemented and completed as required.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing and leading a team of associates capable of providing great customer service.
- Provide guidance and motivation to unit managers and operations supervisors.
- Oversee Chef and kitchen operations including menu planning, inventory controls, catering, staffing, and production.
- Ensures strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- Responsible for directing and supervising the duties of the retail management team while retaining overall accountability.
- Monitors and oversees performance evaluations, progressive discipline, and attendance management.
- Ensure contractual obligations and requirements between Company and Client are met at all.
- Responsible for overall service planning including changes in facilities, systems and staffing to reduce costs and realize sales growth.
- Accountable to all audit standards as put forward by Company and branded concepts and actions results as required.
- Develop effective and targeted schedules.
- Responsible for the implementation of retail marketing strategies and programs and oversee the maintenance and update of unit web site, catering web site and POS system.
- Effective planning, implementation and execution of catered events.
- The operation runs 7 days per week. Core working hours are Monday to Friday with occasional weekends and evenings.
Successful candidate will possess the following:
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post secondary education plus minimum 5 years related food service management experience in a business/corporate dining setting and retail environment
- Demonstrated ability to control costs and increase top line sales.
- Strong motivator, mentor and coach.
- Very detail-oriented individual and a strong team-player
- Passion for ensuring high quality, superior food and products.
- Creative and innovative in the area of marketing and sales
- Dedication to providing superior customer service.
- Superior client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Unionized environment management experience
- Post secondary education in culinary arts or hospitality management
- Experience with foodservice catering and professional cooking and menu planning
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.