Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant Catering Manager
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Assistant Catering Manager
Location: Calgary, AB – SAIT
We are currently seeking a motivated Assistant Catering Manager to assit in managing the day-to-day catering and banquet food production at SAIT in Calgary, AB.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative, and fun environment!
The Assistant Catering Manager,
- Supervise catering events and assist the manager with planning events
- Assist Catering Manager with operation planning, expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Ensure specifications and requests of each catering event or function are communicated and executed effectively
- Ascertain good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
- Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas as appropriate
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 1-2 years’ experience with banquet and catering functions with high volume production
- Proven supervisory skills and experience, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Strong people and customer service skills; great at relationship building
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to food service operation
- Hard working team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Pro Serve Liquor Training
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.