Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Remote Camp - Financial Analyst/Senior Accountant (Shell)
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Financial Analyst
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off
Provide accounting and administrative support to the project and/or Manager and ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions. Duties include client billings, reporting, annual budgeting, forecasting, managing accounts receivable/payable general clerical and project based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Process an appropriate amount of activity in accounts payable, general ledger account analysis and operating statement analysis
- Preparing period end client billings and statements
- Handling queries from Operations and Management
- Other analysis/projects as required
- Process A/P, A/R and inventories in the orbit system
- Process and approve invoices in the CIMS system (A/P module)
- Analysis of operating statements
- Process time cards and payroll information
- Prepare/ analyze budgets and forecasts
- Ensure ESS’ contractual obligations are fulfilled for the project
- Confirm paperwork is prepared accurately and timely in accordance with operations manual, client, and corporate requests
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard
- Record and/or monitor staff hours of work on a daily basis to ensure compliance with budgets, and provide to payroll weekly
- Oversee and/or prepare client billings, as requested. Follow-up on collections as required
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff company credit cards
- Collect and maintain PC inventory
- Manage petty cash
- Supervise expense reports
- Perform all duties in the safest possible manner and report all incidents and health & safety concerns to the supervisor or manager
- Maintain confidentiality of all company information, including policy and procedures
- Assure contract compliance, and ensure the team is aware of ESS’s contractual obligations for the project
- Attend all management and client meetings as required
- Compile weekly reports, variance reports, and forecasts. Advise Senior Management Team and Operations Team regarding weekly labour, finance, inventory and forecast for the project
- Continually review services with the object of reducing costs, increasing profitability and efficiency, without loss of standard
- Complete work and safety training requirements
- Ensure compliance with all ESS and Compass Group operating policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
- Manages subordinate administrative staff
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
|Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A college diploma in Accounting or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment
- Working towards a professional accounting program and can effectively demonstrate equivalent accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Okay working at remote camp setting with rotational shifts
- Great "can do" attitude!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.