Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Food Service Director, CN Centre (Prince George, BC)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Food Service Director
Location: Prince George, BC
- We are hiring an experienced Food Service Director to manage our operations at the CN Centre located in Prince George, BC (800 km north of Vancouver)
- The CN Centre (http://cncentre.ca) is a 6,000 seat arena with 14 luxury private suites. This arena is the home of the Prince George Cougars Hockey Club that plays 36 regular season games of the Western Hockey League.
- The arena also hosts several wrestling competitions, the Monster Trucks event, professional skating shows, as well as concerts (10 to 15) and trade shows every year.
- As Food Service Director, you will oversee the food service operation of the CN Centre and manage 14 private suites, four fixed concessions and six portable concessions within the CN Centre.
- You are involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- You are accountable in menu planning, staffing, scheduling, client and customer relationship building.
- The successful candidate will ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- You will coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- The successful candidate will also help oversee the nearby Aquatic Centre
- Due to the entertainment nature of the role, this position requires evenings and and weekend shifts.
- This position will report to the Regional Director based in Vancouver.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post-secondary education plus significant related management experience in leisure/entertainment food service environment with high-end catering
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid financial management skills, managing an operational budget, forecasting and P&L analysis
- Experience in Cash handling and banking
- Experience with serving alcohol at concerts and events
- Strong supervisory skills and capable to motivate, lead and develop staff
- A strong communicator and effective leader who is able to work independently and take charge on several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (weekend and night shifts are required)
- Previous experience in a similar leisure environment will be a great asset
- Basic hands-on culinary skills
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.