Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Lodge Manager
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp – Lodge Manager
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off with lodging/food accommodations and travel allowance provided.
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
This position exists to provide direction for the safe and efficient operation of ESS business activities within the remote camp. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities are completed according to the Board’s policies and are aimed at the achievement of the organizations objectives.
- Provide leadership in project management, contracts management, financial planning, analysis and forecasting.
- Responsible for reviewing financial reports, recognizing variations and providing corrective actions to achieve budget.
- Providing leadership, direction and support to multi-unit management teams in attaining financial and operational goals.
- Fostering a strong working relationship with Clients within the project.
- Assist in the development of the organization objectives and ensure plans of action are outlined.
- Develop strategies on optimizing all aspects of the operation through the maximizing of revenues, marketing and services.
- Overseeing labour relations process for unionized accounts as applicable by interacting with labour representatives, administering fair policy and procedures; and representing ESS with HR Representative(s) during negotiations and approving contract
- Develop a solid communication link with staff and customers, using a positive favorable image.
- Responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of all aspects of the operations
- Ensure regional compliance with all ESS and Compass Group operating policies and procedures.
- Performs operational audits of units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance, operational productivity, and to ensure conformance with government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation, and record keeping.
- Ensure development requirements are identified and appropriate plans of actions are implemented to fulfill the needs.
- Using effective interpersonal skills, guide subordinates in the identification and achievement of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Attend contractual meetings with the client as required, identify risk and develop action plans.
- Work with client to build relationship to retain contracts
This position would report directly to the Regional Vice President of ESS Canada.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
Bachelor Degree or College Diploma preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of hotel and/or remote camps general management experience
- Project management experience (e.g.: managing contracts, managing clients, project management certificate etc.)
- 5-10 years of Contract Management experience with a leading company in Canada or abroad
- Superior interpersonal skills in building relationships and working with all clientele
- Financial management background and experience (e.g.: full P&L responsibility)
- Proven organizational and leadership experience (e.g.: structured and disciplined management style, excellent ability to lead and manage staff)
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word)
- Working with clients, customers, stakeholders and political individuals
- Exceptional Organizational, Planning and Follow up Skills
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Financial Skills and Business Acumen
- Excellent Contracts Management Skills
- Strong Marketing Skills
- Effective Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Proven Decision Making Ability
- Good Flexibility and Innovative Skills
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.