Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Housing/Guest Services Supervisor
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Housing/Guest Services Supervisor
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Directs, coordinates and works with team. Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in providing front desk, front office and reservations services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff and supervisors:
- Assure contract compliance, and ensure the team is aware of ESS’s contractual obligations for the project related to the housing desk, front office and reservations
- Attend all management and client meetings as required
- Compile weekly occupancy reports, variance reports, forecast occupancy based on reservations. Advise Operations Team regarding weekly occupancy forecast
- Continually review services with the object of reducing costs, increasing profitability and efficiency, without loss of standard
- Scheduling of housing, guest services, reservations, and drivers
- Review of schedule to ensure maximum utilization of team and time
- Ensure team present themselves in a professional manner at tall times, including presentation and uniform
- Provide reports to General Manager and our client
- Provide coaching to all staff to ensure quality customer service and performance is provided to all guests and when interacting with our client
- Ensure walk downs and discrepancies are completed daily
- Write and communicate policies and procedures
- Development of housing desk duties and responsibilities – accountability for team
- Answer inquiries regarding all departments within Housing from guests and the client
- Manage room pack ups and/or items left in rooms
- Luggage room audits and disposal of items
- Management Express Check out and Meal Access Card system, including reporting
- On call when onsite
- IT trouble shooting for concerns with kiosk, meal scanners, scanners, signature pads, Kaba and Orissa
- Maximizing placement of residents, to minimize housekeeping workloads
- Allocation of team members to assist with other departments and projects
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Conduct weekly safety meeting and daily toolboxes
- Office supplies – manage the ordering and purchasing of all supplies
- The position is a working manager on the front desk, front office, guest services, and reservations
|Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Health and Safety training and knowledge
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, initiative for quality and customer service
- Witten/Verbal communication skills. Excellent problem solving skills required
- Good stress management skills required
- Understanding of budget control and awareness of profit and loss concept
- Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft word and excel)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Listening and empathy skills
- Unionized workforce experience
- Valid driver's license
- Experience in Camp Manager or Orissa would be an Asset (or similar hotel PMS)
- Experience with hotel front desk would be an asset
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.