Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Senior Patient Food Service Operations Manager
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Senior Patient Food Service Operations Manager
Royal Jubilee Hospital and Victoria General Hospital, part of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA)
- Currently, we are looking for a Senior Patient Food Service Operations Managerwho will lead the patient food services at Morrison Food Service operations at the Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, BC.
- The Patient Food Services department employs over 100 unionized associates and provides 2200 meals daily.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, this individual will ensure that superior quality and variety of food are delivered with excellent customer service.
- The OM has responsibility for all aspects of the patient food services operations, including purchasing, production, assembly, distribution, and sanitation.
- The incumbent will plan, organize, direct and oversee the activities of the two hospitals, establishing and maintaining standards of quality of services.
- Manage patient food services delivery systems using the Steamplicity Food Service model ensuring Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation and distribution process.
- Oversee personnel, food and equipment costs and delegate responsibilities and duties to others in the department.
- Provide direction in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, financial reports, ordering, budgeting, costing, sales reporting and customer and client relationships.
- Participate in Labour Relation issues.
- Assess, implement, monitor and continually improve training and education tools for staff and ensure employee training, implementation and management of the performance improvement program.
- You will ensure the department is in compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Report to the Director of Food Services and will be direct liaison with the unit level operations at both hospitals.
- Overall contract compliance and reporting.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of 2 years in a food service management role in a Healthcare environment
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong supervisory, leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in supervision, leadership and coaching
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
- Experience with CBORD or equivalent
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.