Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Nova Scotia [NS]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Chef (1 year contract)
Location: Nova Scotia - Mount Saint Vincent University
- Compass Group Canada is growing again!
- We are seeking an Chef for the University
As the Chef, you will:
- Be responsible for managing the day to day food operations of the facility, handling all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, catering, operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Be a key figure in the financial success of this operation. You will handle and be involved in kitchen hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations. You will ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure Catering food execution is flawless
- Develop positive client relationships and ensure overall client satisfaction with service and menu options are achieved
- Creativity with menus, knowledge of the newest trends / cutting edge cooking
- Follow all H & S policies and regulations as well as HACCP
- Oversee staff in their stations and maintain cleanliness of all stations and kitchen areas
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- Red Seal chef or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in food service supervision/management
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to menus and food service operations
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- A motivator, coach, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Advanced Food Safety Training
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.