Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Field Systems Analyst
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Systems Technology Group ensures IT Infrastructure and operating systems are functioning efficiently and effectively. From major system development and implementation to daily network administration and technical support, the STG team provides technical advice and support to over 2000 operating units and offices across Canada.
Field Systems Analyst (6 month contract)
Reporting To: Vice President, Systems and Technology Group
Location: London, Ontario
Contract position: Start date = ASAP
Overview: The successful candidate will be accountable for implementing Field System applications such as Point of Sale and Video Surveillance solutions as well as providing support to issues relating to Compass Group Canada’s Field Systems. The candidate is expected to record, track, and document the request/problem-solving process and actions taken, able to prioritize and execute tasks in a challenging work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The focus of the position is primarily implementing customer facing and revenue systems such as points of sale
- Project managing the deployment of systems
- Supporting deployed and legacy systems
- Developing and monitoring adherence to standards and policies.
- Managing vendor and client relationships
- Provide on-site and remote support of existing applications, hardware and software
- Reports to Vice President - Systems and Technology
- Liaison and manage relations with Unit Managers, Client Personnel and external Vendor partners
- Liaison with various levels of CGC Managers and Support Departments
Primary Job Duties
- Implementing and supporting a variety of systems and technology as they relate to the business
- Project management with scope definition, cost estimating, procuring orders, task assignments, task follow ups and problem solving
- Day-to-day management and issue resolution escalated by Team Members
- Weekly review of projects/team activities with various members of IT Management
- Regular review of projects/ activities with IT team members
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Computer Science or related technology degree
- A minimum of three to five years working experience in IT
- Working knowledge of networking basics, systems administration basics, database basics, web design and implementation basics
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Office, Visio and other desktop software
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and complete independent projects with minimal oversight
- Develop and maintain quotes and scope of work documents
- Monitor related activities for each project and follow up as required
- Aptitude for learning software quickly with minimal instruction
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent time management,
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and concurrent priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Very strong client-facing skills – written and oral communications
- High degree of self-motivation and confidence in handling customer matters such as issue escalation and expectation management.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.