Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Ottawa Capital Area
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Executive Chef
Location: Ottawa Capital Area
- Compass Group is growing again!
- We are currently hiring an Executive Chef for potential new business
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence” you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the culinary team and retail food operations
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, development and cost controls
- Carry out food purchases and maintain proper inventory levels
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of 5-8 years related food service management experience
- Red Seal certificate
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to food service operation
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- International style cooking experience (ex. South Africa, Asia, Caribbean...)
- Experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Bilingual in English and French
- Related food service management experience in a large fast-paced and high-volume environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.