Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Shift Supervisor (Janitorial Services)
||Eurest Services [Facilities Management]
||Upper Canada Mall
||Full Time/Plein temps
||Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results
! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list
in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
||Position: Shift Supervisor (Janitorial Services)
Location: Upper Canada Mall (Newmarket, Ontario)
Hours: Mon & Tues off (Wed – Fri 2:30pm -11:00pm), (Sat & Sun 10:00am – 6:30pm)
Reports to: Account Manager
Overview: Supervises the servicing of an assigned area within the budget required and to maintain company and customer quality standards.
- Directly controls budgeted hours for the assigned location.
- Assigns daily tasks and responsibilities to employees.
- Inspects the work on an ongoing basis to ensure performance is at the expected levels.
- Assists Manager in improving work schedules.
- Responsible for site Orientation and training of new cleaning personnel.
- Trains and implements Health & Safety procedures.
- Maintains time keeping records for all personnel
- Provides disciplinary counseling to employees outlining expectations.
- Respond to customer requests and ensure follow up.
- Identify and resolve problems on site and inform or involve the Manager as necessary.
- Responsible for inventory control and the daily Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Perform all assigned duties as requested by the Resident Manager.
- Set an example for associates to follow by incorporating safe work practices in all aspects of their activities and abiding by the Clients & Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Attend all required health & safety training
- Reports and corrects any safety concerns and advises employees of potential/unsafe conditions or hazards
- Complies and enforces the H&S regulations, the OHSA and company policies/procedures in a consistent manner.
- Ensure/provide necessary training for employees on the hazards of their jobs using the Safe Work Practices and Task Hazard Assessments.
- Ensure/provide training for the operation of equipment at their location.
- Investigates incidents/injuries/near misses to determine root cause and implement any corrective actions – Reports injuries within 24-hours to the H&S Risk Dept
- Assists injured workers to the fullest extent to ensures participation in the early and safe return to work process as per our RTW policy
- Assuring that safety devices and PPE are available and properly utilized.
||Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Ideal candidates will possess requisite industry & management experience as well as the ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on the client and customer services.
- Minimum 1 year Custodial Supervision Experience
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- The ability to make clear quality decisions quickly, under pressure in emergency situations taking full advantage of all disposable assets is essential.
- Strong commitment to high level service and quality standards.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, develop and lead a team.
- Ability to plan, organizes, direct and delegate.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency; self-directed.
- Must pass background check.
- Access to a vehicle. Bus sometimes is not too dependable in the evening after getting off shift at 11:00pm
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.