Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Finance & Accounting
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Finance and Accounting Department plays a very important role in managing and monitoring the company’s growth and success. Not only does it support day-to-day accounting activities for over 1800 operating units, but also it is involved in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and higher level strategic decisions.
Position: Billings Specialist
Location: Mississauga, ON
We are currently seeking a Billing Specialist to work in our Finance and Accounting Department located in Mississauga, Ontario. This highly motivated and results oriented individual will be involved in creating invoices for clients. The successful candidate will report to the Accounts Receivable – Team Lead – Compass Canada Support Services Ltd.
- Ensuring all billing documentation and data captured is accurate and submitted to support all appropriate deadlines.
- Contract processing; interpret and set up customer accounts in compliance with contract requirements.
- Preparing invoices in compliance with contractual terms and agreements.
- Prepare and distribute statements and other necessary forms and invoices for facilities.
- Investigate variances or issues with customers and internal departments
- Reconciliation of accounts: accurate reconciliation of accounts related to billing and payment activities. Identify and resolve discrepancies between contract requirements and billing and payments. Make necessary adjustments to revenue and customer accounts without error.
- Provide prompt assistance on billing matters such as billing and invoice questions or disputes, payment activity, cancellation request and address changes etc.
- Analyzing current systematic and/or manual processes, providing recommendations for enhancements to further improve process efficiency and accuracy.
- Prepare month, quarter and year end revenue entries.
- Assist with Annual Audit
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A college diploma in Accounting or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 + year’s experience in a computerized accounting environment
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Data entry skills are required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team player with strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task in an ongoing changing environment
- Ability to deal with internal and external clients including: sales, clients and third party administrators
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.