Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Location: Ottawa, ON
We are currently seeking an Chef with strong events catering experience to join our progressive team on a contractual basis.
- Responsible for managing the day to day food operations at the respective facility, as required.
- Handle all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Handle unit employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving labour relation issues.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Responsible for high volume food production (sandwiches etc.) as well as fine dining menu
- Post secondary education plus a minimum of 3 years related management/supervision experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good client relationship skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in using On-line reporting and menu planning system is necessary but not mandatory
- Hands on management style with strong initiative to resolve day to day problems
- Must have the ability to teach, lead, and inspire while promoting a positive work environment
- Red Seal Chef designation an asset
- Knowledge of sustainable food products and organics an asset
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.