Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Assistant Manager, Food Services
Location: Burnaby, BC - Simon Fraser University
- The Assistant Manager works with the Manager and the team to successfully manage over $1M in residential dining operations.
- This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for overseeing the unit.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Assistant Manager:
- Helps the Manager oversee the residential dining operations.
- Develop and monitor a meal and break schedule for the staff that does not interfere with customer service.
- Responsible for training, developing and leading a team of associates capable of providing great customer service.
- Accountable for the monitoring and organization of catering orders with weekly invoicing.
- Administrative duties include: cash register readings, orbit, inventory, banking, ordering and the administration of the “Be a Star Program.
- Accountable for client and customer relationship building.
- Ensures strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- The operation runs 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Solid supervisory experience
- Mental ability to provide excellent judgment for problem solving and strong arithmetic skills.
- Passion for Customer Service excellence
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid team player with an emphasis on customer-service
- Strong supervisory skills and with proven ability to motivate, lead and coach staff
- Superior client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including evenings and weekends)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.