Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Marquise Group Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Location: Windermere Care Centre (Vancouver, BC)
Overview: We are currently seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor to assist in the supervision of unionized service employees at Windermere Care Centre in Vancouver, BC
The primary mandate of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to ensure the highest quality, safety and patient well-being as it is affected by the housekeeping, linen and environmental service teams.
This role supervises all aspects of Housekeeping onsite, staff scheduling which include but not limited to, generating the master schedule, calling in replacement staff as needed, creating daily sign-in sheets, managing time-off requests and managing / updating the payroll system.
- The Supervisor is also responsible for effecting customer service inquiries and client communication
- Successfully coordinating Patient Flow, working with all levels of the facility staff to achieve this mandate.
- Coordinating project cleaning work to ensure that proper frequencies are maintained
- Participating in staff selection process, interviewing candidates as needed and also will ensure that staff receives proper orientation and ongoing training education, monitoring and coaching.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Supervisory experience in a large volume, fast-paced unionized environment.
- Results-oriented, strong work ethic, intense drive for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Well-organized and with the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff.
- Ability to thrive in high pressure environment
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Solid computer proficiency
- Strong knowledge of healthcare Environmental Services practices and procedures.
- EVS Management certificate
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.