Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Shift Supervisor (Custodial/Janitorial Services)
||Eurest Services [Facilities Management]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
Position: Shift Supervisor (Custodial/Janitorial Services)
Location: Toronto Pearson Airport
Hours: 3pm to 11pm (Sunday to Thursday)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Overview: Supervises the servicing of an assigned area within the budget required and to maintain company and customer quality standards
- Assists with controlling budgeted hours for the assigned location.
- Assigns daily tasks and responsibilities to employees.
- Inspects the work on an ongoing basis to ensure performance is at the expected levels.
- Assists Manager in improving work schedules.
- Assists with site Orientation and training of new cleaning personnel.
- Trains and implements Health & Safety procedures.
- Maintains time keeping records for cleaning personnel.
- Provides disciplinary counseling to employees outlining expectations.
- Respond to customer requests and ensure follow up.
- Identify and resolve problems on site and inform or involve the Manager as necessary.
- Responsible for inventory control and the daily Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Perform all assigned duties as requested by the Resident Manager.
- Set an example for associates to follow by incorporating safe work practices in all aspects of their activities and abiding by the Clients & Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Attend all required health & safety training
- Reports and corrects any safety concerns and advises employees of potential/unsafe conditions or hazards
- Complies and enforces the H&S regulations, the OHSA and company policies/procedures in a consistent manner.
- Ensure/provide necessary training for employees on the hazards of their jobs using the Safe Work Practices and Task Hazard Assessments.
- Ensure/provide training for the operation of equipment at their location.
- Investigates incidents/injuries/near misses to determine root cause and implement any corrective actions – Reports injuries within 24-hours to the H&S Risk Dept
- Assists injured workers to the fullest extent to ensures participation in the early and safe return to work process as per our RTW policy
- Assuring that safety devices and PPE are available and properly utilized.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- One to two years supervisory experience (Custodial or Janitorial Services)
- Working knowledge of all housekeeping practices and procedures with a strong emphasis on Standard Precautions and Health & Safety.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format through documentation and reports as well as good verbal skills.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills.
- Ability to function appropriate under stressful conditions. Good stress management skills required.
- Basic computer skills using email
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.