Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Head Chef
Location: Toronto, ON
- We are currently seeking a Chef for our culinary operations team at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario (Queen’s Park Complex) in Toronto.
- The Chef will contribute to delivering the highest standards for 250+ catering events, managing kitchen production and ensuring the highest quality possible to our guests, which include the public as well as the Members of Provincial Parliament
- Compass serves a variety of menus to the patrons of this facility with hot meals, sandwiches, pastries and sweets, as well as beverages carrying brands names and programs such as Fresh Grille, Trattoria, Wild Green, Wheat Street, On-the-Go and Tim Horton’s.
With a “Can-Do” attitude and a “Passion For Excellence” this individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining high quality menus, food and presentation for all venues and events at the Legislative Assembly with a local and sustainable focus.
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for managing the day to day food operations of this facility, handling all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
Over a total of 750+ meals is served during the breakfast and lunch period, in particularly serving a fine dining A-La Carte Menu and 5-star daily buffet section to the MPPs, politicians and their guests in the Legislative Assembly building. In addition, we provide high end catering services to this set of buildings.
- In addition to the catering program, the individual selected will also be responsible for the operation of the “In Camera” Fine Dining Room, as well as the Quorum Café.
- You will be accountable for the overall financial success of this operation.
- You will handle kitchen hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- You will ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
- The working hours are usually from Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m with occasionally, you are required to work evenings and weekends for special banquet functions.
- This position will report to the Director of Food Services and supervise 10+ associates.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post-secondary education plus a minimum of 5 years related management experience in a fast-paced restaurant, food service environment
- Red Seal Chef certificate
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operation
- Catering experience
- Proven management and supervisory skills,
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and develop associates
- Hard working, hands-on team player
- Passion for excellence and customer service
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), POS systems etc.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.